Saturday 7 March 2015

Google docs whack-a-mole continued, plus a request of readers

My whack-a-mole with google docs is continuing.



I have added caching and a random delay to my open copy of the trading spreadsheet.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qL_ofk-QRQCFt2zKTTEXSi6oY4n1gtZX6Mojxxtgs-4/edit#gid=1869404277

I think it should be ... less unstable than it was before.

Readers, can you please have open (and leave open) the above spreadsheet for a few days, using either Firefox or Chrome.  Eve's in game browser has no chance.  Internet explorer and Opera struggle.  It is a published document and I don't mind if you keep it open longer.

A full refresh (daily) will take a couple of minutes to load.  Apart from that, it should be fairly quick.

If it is breaking, please leave a comment on this page.  If you find yourselves using it (either the original - which I can track, or a copy - which I can't), please also leave comments about how.

This is a continuation of http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/market-spreadsheets-in-space.html


3 comments:

  1. Took about a minute to fully load the page (no more 'calculating formulas in the top right corner').

    TheForgeBuy column shows #ERROR (Internal error executing the custom function).

    It's unlikely I can remember not to close the sheet and leave it open a few days, as my tendency is to minimize the number of open windows I have and shut down my computer at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error caght is kinda good. No idea why its not consistent. I may end up with a google app as a front end

    ReplyDelete

Posts older than 14 days are subject to moderation before being published. I do so sporadically. If you have a question regarding older posts, also evemail dotoo foo.

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

While I currently accept anonymous users, please include a pseudonym. I get confused answering anonymous.

If the word verification is preventing you from adding a comment, please evemail DoToo Foo for alternative methods