Saturday 5 September 2015

Shared Blog Collections

Shared blog collections now at
Historically I have gone a long way to only use free resources for my blogging.  If you have been following player gaming resources over the years, stuff works, and is great, but then disappears completely once that player moves onto other activities.  (Even multi million paying subscriber games have turnover).  With free services, sites usually stay around long enough to copy information from during the transition periods.  Sometimes dead information stays around too long but that is a topic for another day.

I have been using the free services of feedly since the demise of google reader, and I love that it does not matter what device I am reading EVE news on, but that I get to see every article once and only once.

What I did find a nuisance was that I could not easily share my collection.  I have tried with my own efforts and have supported the efforts of others (see the consolidated Eve blogrolls list on the right hand side of my blog), but none of this has been as easy as just adding a new blog to Feedly.

Well, now Feedly have a service that I forked out cash for.  Feedly Shared Collections

The good news is that these are easily shared, so that if any other blogger puts up a shared collection, I can copy their collections into my feedly and vice versa.  If any 'curator' disappears (as happened with an earlier eve blog bundle), then it will be easy for someone else to pick up the pieces.


1 comment:

  1. Have about 180 EVE related blogs in my own feedly list and about a dozen others. Feedly is the nr one website I spent time on looking at it like that.

    ReplyDelete

Posts older than 14 days are subject to moderation before being published. I do so sporadically. If you have a question regarding older posts, also evemail dotoo foo.

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

While I currently accept anonymous users, please include a pseudonym. I get confused answering anonymous.

If the word verification is preventing you from adding a comment, please evemail DoToo Foo for alternative methods